3. BETTER CALL SAUL (AMC, Feb. 8) Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould’s “Breaking Bad” spinoff is probably the most anticipated new series of the winter. Starring Bob Odenkirk as the crooked lawyer Saul Goodman, the show is set before the action of “Breaking Bad,” so any appearances by Bryan Cranston or Aaron Paul would be cameos at best. But the audience favorite Jonathan Banks reprises his role as the phlegmatic enforcer Mike Ehrmantraut.
4. Mr Li said the economy’s strength came as a result of the government shunning strong stimulus policies and its push for supply-side reforms.
1. “Our goal is to produce as many units as we can and, at the same time, make sure that we do it in a way that maintains and enhances the health of neighborhoods,” said Carl Weisbrod, the director of the Department of City Planning.
2. 4.Avoid micromanaging
3. 'She enjoys it and we don't force her to do anything she doesn't want to do.'
4. 'That's something that would be challenged, I think, in the 21st century.
1. Against: Could the film be seen as a film of great performances, rather than a truly great piece of cinema
2. The Warriors played pre-season games in China in 2013 against the Los Angeles Lakers, but it will be the first time the Timberwolves visit China.
2. Turkey’s president ratcheted up his diplomatic row with the Netherlands on Tuesday, claiming the country had a “rotten character” and blaming Dutch troops for the worst massacre in Europe since the second world war.
3. China is spending heavily on renewable and nuclear energy as it tries to slow the growth of coal, but despite those efforts it has become by far the largest emitter of greenhouse gases. Its emissions of 10 billion tons a year of carbon dioxide from the burning of fossil fuels and cement manufacturing are almost twice those of the United States, though emissions per person are still far higher in the United States.
The S&P 500’s total return of 14% this year was 40% higher than its 25-year average annual gain. Wall Street’s chief strategists spent much of the last 12 months revising their targets higher from behind. The index printed over 50 all-time record closes, with nearly all investment management professionals racing to at least pull even. A few characteristics made the U.S. stock market particularly difficult to keep up with this year.
As the cameras cut away to the cast and crew of "La La Land" hugging, Beatty could be heard saying something such as, "It says Emma Stone," with Dunaway replying, "What?" As the La La Land cast were walking on stage to accept the accolade, a stagehand standing in the wings could be heard saying "Oh ... Oh my god, he got the wrong envelope".