1. Agents and investment institutions are now flooding the sector, causing additional changes to the platforms in the world's second-largest economy, the report said.
3. But because I can’t help but hope that with the end of “Mad Men” comes the end of a period in fashion that has seen designers become trapped in the past to an almost stifling degree. At least the past as it looked in the 1960s (which in the beginning, let us not forget, looked a lot like the late 1950s) and early ’70s.
4. Forget giving at least two weeks notice, finessing an exit interview, and tactfully networking your way out the door. Some people are in too big a hurry for any of that.
1. “With the vast number of cutting-edge, eco-friendly faux furs available on the market today, I'm sure you'll agree that there's no longer any excuse for killing animals for their fur.”
2. “If hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it’s worth the trade-off with my own privacy,” he wrote in Bloomberg Businessweek in October.
3. The Peoria, Ill.-based maker of heavy equipment authorized $10 billion in stock repurchases in January and expected to buy back $1.7 billion of its shares in the first quarter this year to complete its previous $7.5 billion repurchase initiative. The ongoing buybacks are "a result of our record cash flow," said CEO Doug Oberhelman.
4. Together, the world's 10 highest-paid models banked a cumulative $109.5 million between June 1, 2016, and June 1, 2017, before taxes and fees.
5. We will explore new forms of social governance.
5. Benito Mussolini and Adolf Hitler are case studies of demagogues turned into despots.
6. "I don't know what happened," Lowry said. "I just know I got a call for offensive foul. It happens. It's the NBA. That's all I can say about it."
1. “气候变化也许是我们这代人的重大挑战，”美国国家航空航天局(NASA)地球科学部主任迈克尔·H·弗莱利赫(Michael H. Freilich)说，他的部门是跟踪全球气温的机构之一。
2. When you need help, reach out to people in your networks – that’s what they’re there for. Whether you need a confidence-boosting pep talk or advice about building your technical experience — your mentor, your colleagues, and your manager can help. You may not know how to do something today, but chances are you’re smart enough to find someone who can help you learn it. And once you do, don’t unfasten your seatbelt – there’s always going to be another challenge headed your way.
3. In July, the government made the first stab at regulating internet finance when 10 agencies, including the central bank, the banking regulator and the securities regulator jointly issued guidelines that provide an official definition of “internet finance” and specify which agencies are responsible for regulating which types of internet financial institutions.
4. Mayweather vs McGregor Fight
6. As early as 2008, wearable technology—which can range in anything from measuring your heart rate to curating music based on your mood—has been touted as the next big moment in consumer electronics.
1. Grab your rolling bag, and pack your patience. The holiday air travel season is about to begin. And if you want to have a stress-free trip, the best advice we can give is to fly west.
2. Emerging market exports have been declining in dollar terms since October 2014, a far longer, if less extreme, losing streak than during the 2008-09 global financial crisis, as the first chart shows.